WHAT IS PRP?
• Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a high concentration of your own platelets in a small volume of plasma that contains growth factors and bioactive proteins.
• Platelets are the body cells which help the tissues in healing and producing new cells.
HOW IS PRP COLLECTED?
1. Small amount of blood is withdrawn from your forearm
2. This is spun in a centrifuge for 10 – 15 minutes. This separates the platelets from the other blood cells.
3. The concentrated platelets are then injected in the targeted areas – face and scalp.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The injected PRPs form an environment which aids in growing collagen, regenerates tissue making the skin smooth, even tone and tighter and on the scalp stimulates hair growth.
HOW LONG IS THE PROCEDURE?
• PRP injections can be done as a stand-alone, thereby taking about 20 minutes.
• PRP can be done in combination with micro-needling or radioactive frequency for a more enhanced look hence this can take up to 1 hour.
WHAT TREATMENT OPTIONS DO WE OFFER IN OUR CLINIC WITH PRP?
1. Facial Lines / Wrinkles / Uneven skin tone
2. Volume loss in face (we do in combination with dermal fillers)
3. Hair loss (male pattern baldness)
4. Following hair transplant
Depending on the indication we offer PRP as either stand alone treatment or in combination with micro-needling and / or radiofrequency.
HOW MANY INJECTIONS DO I NEED?
Injections are spaced 4 weeks apart. For best results, one may require up to 4 injections.
For enquiries and appointment booking please call 0780 537 851